Cereal is one of the worlds most popular breakfast foods. It’s fast, delicious and filling. Some mornings I over sleep or have to be somewhere super early and don’t have the time to sit down and have a bowl of cereal. That is why I decided to start making my own cereal bars. Sure you can by them at the store or gas station but they are super expensive and higher in fat, calories and sugar.
Here is the whole grain Chex topped with coconut sprinkles and dark chocolate drizzle.
This one is a cheerio cereal bar with a honey glaze topped with rainbow sprinkles.
The great part about this to go bar is you can make seven of them on Sunday to eat throughout the week. They are also cute for office meetings, parties and snacks for the classroom. To decorate them up , I added a strip of scrap paper and tied a little ribbon around them.
I chose these cereals because they were the only ones hiding in my cupboard. You can use any cereal you desire. I’d recommend choosing a high fiber, whole grain and low sugar cereal.
These are also perfect for kids when you cant get them to sit down at the table to eat breakfast. You can just strap them into the car and hand them a cereal bar.
This alone wont be a complete breakfast. Try to grab a piece of fruit like a apple, peach or banana to go with it. You can even add dried fruit, nuts or other ingredients in your cereal bars as well.
10 Cereals I’d recommend for these bars:
- Fiber One
- Un-frosted Shredded Wheat (Kashi)
- Whole Grain Chex
- Multi Grain Cheerios
- Kashi Puffs
- Whole Grain Total Flakes
- Multi-Grain Special K
- Oat Squares
- Natures Path Brands
- Barbara’s Shredded Spoonfuls
- 1 Serving Cereal Of Your Choice
- 2 Tbsp Mini Marshmallows
- Cooking Spray
(Chex Bar : I Added 1 Tsp Coconut And 1/2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Drizzle)
- Spray a microwave safe bowl along the inside with cooking spray
- Combine cereal and marshmallows in the bowl
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix together cereal and marshmallows until they are combined
- Let the mixture sit in the bowl for 1 - 2 minutes so the marshmallows can harden up.
- Take your hands and run them under water to keep the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- With your hands grab the cereal mixture and start to form into a rectangle
- If they are not sticking together let the marshmallows harden more or run your hands under water again.
- queencaro likes this
- rayshabrown reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- boxbeaute likes this
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- lyoly reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- lyoly likes this
- innocentcanneverlast likes this
- whatagirlwants247 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- micro-excited-geeky-girl reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- micro-excited-geeky-girl likes this
- onthenighttrain likes this
- niallpiall likes this
- apictureisworth2014words likes this
- random-turtle likes this
- nicoleh8su likes this
- rvraiment likes this
- entitledopinion likes this
- keepingfitwithcris reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- alphabetology likes this
- maggieboom likes this
- amandaearl reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- amandaearl likes this
- elleswag reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- gloomy-lolita likes this
- vermillion-fox reblogged this from cvmf
- cvmf reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- benateli reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- mikhaelaphant likes this
- bythedeepblue likes this
- quoi-le-quark reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- magicbannanas likes this
- acerbictomes reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- jordan770 likes this
- rosemarievasilisa likes this
- healthysuave reblogged this from stealthysuave
- najwamnoor97 likes this
- yourhealthyhappiness likes this
- fudduds likes this
- itumbleandstumble likes this
- quoi-le-quark likes this
- bluelacunadreams likes this
- bookmarkingrecipes reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- addictedtosweetthings reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- makepatronusesnothorcruxes likes this
- kayliaac likes this
- anywayandwhatnot likes this
- boxcarwaiting likes this
- teaddict likes this
- papercranememories reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- papercranememories likes this