This morning I woke up to a 6 AM phone call from my mom. I wasn’t upset because one: I’m and early person and two: it was the cutest phone call I have ever had. She couldn’t wait tell me about a recipe she had come up with last night. She went all Rachel Ray on me at 6 AM trying to tell me how to do it, what it was and how it tasted in a very excited voice. I think I picked up where she said “then you add it all together” so I told her to just type up the recipe and email it to me. Of course she had already done that! After a long conversation about how Grumples was doing (she is babysitting him) and my vacation we finally said “I love you” and hung up the phone.
When I opened up the email I was so shocked to see how delicious her recipe looked. I was more excited about her photos. After watching me take numerous shots of food over the past couple years she is a pro. I did a few finishing touches to them and they look pretty good!(Actually better than mine) Every Thanksgiving for the past 3 years at my house has been healthy and Pescatarian. My mom likes to experiment with recipes before she serves them on Thanksgiving. This recipe is one that will be on our dinner table this year for sure. If not thanksgiving, this would make a perfect fall breakfast.
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes (skinned and diced)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 4 Vegetarian Sausages (she used Italian morning star)
- 1/4 Cup Diced Sweet Onion
- 1/4 Cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- In a microwave safe bowl combine 1/2 tbsp olive oil, sweet potato, salt and pepper.
- Microwave for 5-6 minutes (until fork tender)
- In a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil cook up sausages while breaking them apart into a crumble.
- When sausages are done, remove them from pan without draining the pan.
- Cook onions and pepper in the same pan (they should pick up the flavors of the sausage)
- In a separate frying pan scramble up the egg whites.
- In a large glass bowl add sweet potato mixture, sausage, onions, peppers and eggs and toss until evenly distributed.
- Microwave for 45 seconds.
Makes 7 , 1/2 Cup Servings: 98 Calories, 3g Fat, 15g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 5g Protein.
To make this a vegan recipe use tofu as an egg white replacement
- homefoodlife likes this
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- rosesandtheonewhomatters reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- kristhelkat likes this
- mysainevie reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- motivationbeinghealthy likes this
- hollywoodboulevardd likes this
- get-healthy-gurl reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- insanitysfinesthour likes this
- beveggie-behealthy reblogged this from fuckskinnyletsgetfit
- strawberry-squats reblogged this from fuckskinnyletsgetfit
- toahealthierme likes this
- ceeohhh likes this
- hephughlump likes this
- thisworldisyourcanvas likes this
- lanacat89 likes this
- salttandsandd likes this
- zooeygreenway likes this
- health-happiness-monica reblogged this from undressedskeleton and added:
- whatilikerightnow likes this
- killthatfat likes this
- omgdolewhips likes this
- skinnybitches-getout reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- runningtorio2016 likes this
- cruciothisfat likes this
- annaaau likes this
- fitternotbitter reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- houstonand3rd likes this
- doyouwanttofuckasnowman2 likes this
- beatboxfox reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- heathersoldblogew likes this
- afitblr reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- annnnnnnie likes this
- androgyny-kidd likes this
- morganlee23 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- hopingfor-health likes this
- iamphoxy likes this
- lower-end-of-onederland reblogged this from everything-healthy
- abimopectore11 likes this
- sunmoonkid likes this
- asummerbeauty likes this
- sherlockpining reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- edwardnortonn likes this
- cindylouwho101 likes this
- itcomesinwavess likes this
- oatmealandsquash reblogged this from undressedskeleton and added:
- explodingvodkano likes this