On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…five crispy Parmesan flax onion rings.
Today my trainer was brutal. I normally don’t dread the gym or watch the clock to leave. He wanted me to do a water weight test. This required me to burn 600 calories on the treadmill without drinking water. He wanted me to sweat until I was dripping, which is hard for me to do. No matter how hydrated I am or how hard I work out, I rarely work up a good sweat. It took me about 40 minutes to get to 600, and I wanted to quit the first 5 minutes. I was happy when it was over. Those kinds of workouts are no fun. I like dancing and circuit training, or I get bored. He weighed me before and after my workout to determine how my body holds on to it’s water weight. He has me coming back in tonight at 6:30 for a weight training workout.
Thankfully it’s lunchtime!
I’m super hungry and need to fuel up for my workout tonight. For lunch I am going to have a bowl of Amy’s Organic tomato basil soup and homemade onion rings!
Homemade onions rings, freezer bought onion rings and restaurant onion rings are extremely high in fat and calories. They are usually breaded with: butter, bread and fried in vegetable oil. If I’m going to eat onion rings, I’m going to make sure they are healthy and beneficial to my body.
You will need :
- 4 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 Vidalia Onion
- 3 Tbsp Reduced Fat Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Egg White
-Dip onion slices into egg white.
-Coat the dipped onion in the flax mixture.
-Heat frying pan to medium heat.
-Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
-When oil is hot, add coated onions to the frying pan.
-Cook both sides until golden brown.
-After removing from the frying pan, add to paper towel to crisp.
Nutrition: (5 Onion Rings)
58 Calories, 2g Fat, 8g Carbs, 1.4g Protein, 0g Sugar, 2.5g Fiber
On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…five golden rings.
Finally, a gift without birds.
Lets see how long my true love can keep up the good gift streak. I’m not sure what I’ll do with all of these rings. Maybe I’ll wear one on each finger, or a different one each day of the week.
To show my appreciation for the golden rings, I am going to cook him up some golden rings! Golden onion rings that is.
- tickingheartbeat likes this
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- gloomy-lolita likes this
- gnaturalgreencash likes this
- h-recipes reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- plisu likes this
- lostamongtheroses likes this
- cocoarose likes this
- incandescentlyhappyy likes this
- emmmmym likes this
- hejcreena likes this
- angie-jolie likes this
- thisvalentine likes this
- neinsauce likes this
- theblueravenqueen likes this
- blossomsblooming likes this
- artpopprincess likes this
- prettywilbur likes this
- healthy-fit-fabulous12345 reblogged this from healthybody-andsoul
- wishtobewitty likes this
- make-it-healthy reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- curvyfitmilf likes this
- alawfulhotmess likes this
- caseyxcarnage likes this
- thisworldisyourcanvas likes this
- mommydomchronicle reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- cartographyy likes this
- pincheehrykaah reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- spacecakenyc likes this
- mikeyluvsfrankie likes this
- forcetobereckoned likes this
- josiecat reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- bonafidelovesong likes this
- uniquelyelegant likes this
- oumbix likes this
- medeaskeeper likes this
- laraisondetre likes this
- nnieves65 likes this
- nnieves65 reblogged this from xonthefritzx
- xonthefritzx reblogged this from undressedskeleton and added:
- arroyoconpollo likes this
- changeyourlyfe reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- emkelleytrans likes this
- foreveryoungandgirly likes this
- leahhzackon likes this
- thedayisadream likes this
- niccimirage reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- saydlett reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- allyouneedislove921 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- a-day-dreamers-life likes this