On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…no noodle vegetable lasagna.
One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the leftovers. Unfortunately with this dish, there were no leftovers left over. My mom said it tasted “restaurant style”. That was a pretty big compliment.
Every Christmas we have mom’s lasagna and dad’s king crab legs for dinner. This year, I took over the lasagna making. I didn’t follow my mom traditional lasagna, I wanted something guilt-free. Even though Christmas is only once a year, I still like making the healthier option. I always dread the food choices I make after trying to squeeze back into my jeans the next day. This recipe turned out better than I expected it to. I had no recipe in front of me. I just whipped up what I thought would work. I took a lot of the same techniques my mom uses for her lasagna.
- 3 Large Zucchini (Thinly Sliced)
- 4 Large Summer Squash(Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Large Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper(Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper(Thinly Sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- 1 Container Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 3 Cups Muir Glen Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaf
- 1 Bag Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Colby Jack Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 365 Degrees
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Add a layer of squash or zucchini to the bottom of the pan, on top of the olive oil.
- Next, add: spaghetti sauce, basil, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese,1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 Tbsp of Parmesan, 1/2 Tsp garlic powder, sliced peppers, and onions. Repeat this 4 times, but alternating the squash and zucchini.
- After building up the four layers, top dish with Colby jack, remaining mozzarella Parmesan, basil and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake 50-60 minutes. The Cheese should be golden brown.
- The edges may have extra juice from the vegetables and olive oil. Lightly tip the pan into the sink and drain the extra liquid. You could also save the juices as a dressing or bread dip.
Nutrition: (Makes 18 Servings) 125 Calories, 5g Fat, 15g Carbs, 12g Protein, 6g Fiber, 3g Sugar
Most homemade lasagna with meat and noodles is between 300-500 calories per slice.
On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…ten lords of leaping.
First, my true love couldn’t stop sending me birds. Now, he can’t stop sending me people. Lords of leaping? What do I need them for? Why can’t he send me: house cleaners, personal chefs, or hair stylist?
This is just getting out of control. I don’t even know what to do with them. I guess I’ll cook them up some vegetable lasagna, and send them leaping out the door.
- coffeeandcassettes likes this
- healthysuave reblogged this from stealthysuave
- typewrittenwriting likes this
- rarityimitation likes this
- gnaturalgreencash likes this
- foodnow reblogged this from brina-rose
- thehiddensociety likes this
- barcha9 likes this
- rippedfleur likes this
- happinessformiles reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- mysainevie reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- hollywoodboulevardd likes this
- achoice2behappy likes this
- pinkcupcakesandcouture likes this
- theblueravenqueen likes this
- confusinglystrong likes this
- sxerocker168 likes this
- make-me-fit-now likes this
- skullcandy likes this
- thegreatwhiteferret likes this
- guiltxfree likes this
- alawfulhotmess likes this
- baarrccaa likes this
- kushbae reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- etherealprey likes this
- salttandsandd likes this
- simply-megan15 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- hnachtigal likes this
- reckklesslove likes this
- pmdz likes this
- leangreenmachine likes this
- sharmandershar likes this
- sugarv3nom likes this
- skinnywithcurves likes this
- prettywillshallowyouforever likes this
- josiecat reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- misterklein likes this
- off-with-her-fat likes this
- timeforafitqueen reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- cynthiahhhh likes this
- fatfashionistadiary reblogged this from undressedskeleton and added:
- kushbae likes this
- ohhowaud likes this
- annamayzing likes this
- ikwiwwim likes this
- nerdyfitproblems likes this
- stretchyourboundaries likes this