On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…no noodle vegetable lasagna.
One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the leftovers. Unfortunately with this dish, there were no leftovers left over. My mom said it tasted “restaurant style”. That was a pretty big compliment.
Every Christmas we have mom’s lasagna and dad’s king crab legs for dinner. This year, I took over the lasagna making. I didn’t follow my mom traditional lasagna, I wanted something guilt-free. Even though Christmas is only once a year, I still like making the healthier option. I always dread the food choices I make after trying to squeeze back into my jeans the next day. This recipe turned out better than I expected it to. I had no recipe in front of me. I just whipped up what I thought would work. I took a lot of the same techniques my mom uses for her lasagna.
- 3 Large Zucchini (Thinly Sliced)
- 4 Large Summer Squash(Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Large Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper(Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper(Thinly Sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- 1 Container Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 3 Cups Muir Glen Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaf
- 1 Bag Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Colby Jack Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 365 Degrees
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Add a layer of squash or zucchini to the bottom of the pan, on top of the olive oil.
- Next, add: spaghetti sauce, basil, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese,1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 Tbsp of Parmesan, 1/2 Tsp garlic powder, sliced peppers, and onions. Repeat this 4 times, but alternating the squash and zucchini.
- After building up the four layers, top dish with Colby jack, remaining mozzarella Parmesan, basil and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake 50-60 minutes. The Cheese should be golden brown.
- The edges may have extra juice from the vegetables and olive oil. Lightly tip the pan into the sink and drain the extra liquid. You could also save the juices as a dressing or bread dip.
Nutrition: (Makes 18 Servings) 125 Calories, 5g Fat, 15g Carbs, 12g Protein, 6g Fiber, 3g Sugar
Most homemade lasagna with meat and noodles is between 300-500 calories per slice.
On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…ten lords of leaping.
First, my true love couldn’t stop sending me birds. Now, he can’t stop sending me people. Lords of leaping? What do I need them for? Why can’t he send me: house cleaners, personal chefs, or hair stylist?
This is just getting out of control. I don’t even know what to do with them. I guess I’ll cook them up some vegetable lasagna, and send them leaping out the door.
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- amourciel reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- amourciel likes this
- regynaal likes this
- zaynibabyy likes this
- lizzieontopoftheworld likes this
- sadie55 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- wickedrandomstuff likes this
- rosesandtheonewhomatters reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- newhealthystart likes this
- fitnesslifewithandi likes this
- ysann3 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- lolawantsfit likes this
- livingontheheathyside reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- a-new-beginning-2014 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- minniecc reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- fitminnesota reblogged this from worldwarevif
- worldwarevif reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- enigmaticmags likes this
- laceyloowhoo96 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- ateenview likes this
- stubbornlittlewhitegirl likes this
- thomsonl likes this
- sweetbucktooth likes this
- bigworldlittlesecrets likes this
- njjayde likes this
- creativerecipes reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- auburncruiser likes this
- thatswrinklingmybrain likes this
- rheanna121 likes this
- jlew907 likes this
- lizalltogether likes this
- somebody-pinchme likes this
- sarahjuanita89 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- rustysoap705 likes this
- littlevictories21 likes this
- tattoooedhands likes this
- leesungyeol91 likes this
- love-this-land likes this
- znamenska likes this
- chapetiada likes this
- theexceptionalexistence likes this
- ladylikemonsterblr reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- whydontyoufallformenow likes this
- doyoubelieveinloveiwonder likes this
- lauren-louise likes this
- sstephasaurus likes this
- coaxyouoverboard likes this
- sally-gets-fit likes this