One of the most important meals of the day is breakfast, but you already know that. It prevents you from overeating throughout the day, boost your metabolism, keeps you energized and focused.
A common problem with breakfast is finding time to make it. It seems a lot easier to stop at a drive thru, or pick up a doughnut at the gas station when you are on the go. Grabbing a piece of fruit and granola bar from your house is just as easy, but people never think of doing that. Some are in such a rush to leave the house, they forget the six minutes spent at the drive thru or gas station could have been spent in their kitchen’s.
If making time to grab a light breakfast is hard, create time in advance to prepare. Instead of watching your favorite reality show on Sunday from the couch, watch it from the kitchen while preparing to-go meals for your busy week. This will save you lots of time and money.
If you find yourself sitting at a morning meeting with a growling stomach, you’ll most likely go for the doughnut sitting in front of you. You know what they say about the first doughnut…it leads to another. That is so true for me. If you would have prepared a breakfast your will power would have been much stronger.
Jeremy has a busy job. He wakes up at the crack of dawn and heads straight to work. He always comes home for lunch starving or complains about the doughnut he ate during the meetings. I always fire back “you should have eaten breakfast”. So, I decided to start preparing healthy to-go breakfasts for him. Luckily for me, I work from home and can find time to make my own breakfast.
He loved this idea. Jeremy pops the sandwich into the microwave before getting in the shower. That way it is cooked, cooled and ready to go. I also make him grab fruit to go with it. Gosh, I’m such a controlling person ;)This could be a great time management solution if you are a mom with kids that are always on the go.
You could just go for the easy way out, and buy frozen prepared breakfast sandwiches. But those are full of salty and sugary unpronounceable ingredients that will leave you hungry within an hour.
All Natural Turkey Bacon: from whole foods because it was all natural, no artificial flavors and made up of only eight pronounceable ingredients. It was also only 40 calories per slice.
Organic Wheat English Muffins (currently working on creating my own recipe for)
Organic American Singles it had a much lower sodium and lower calorie. I could have done without the cheese, but it adds extra protein and calcium to the breakfast.
Cage Free Organic Eggs (Large): I only used 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg. It reduces calories, sodium and cholesterol. It adds protein and a little healthy fat.
Red Bell Peppers: Bell peppers give eggs a great flavor. You could add as many vegetables into the eggs as you’d like. Next time I’m going to add: onion, spinach and peppers.
-Dice Bell Peppers
-Preheat Oven to 350
-Line Bacon onto a cooking sheet.
-Scramble Eggs Together
-Mix egg and pepper together
-I sprinkled a little black pepper for extra spice.
-Grease a muffin pan (6 count)
-Add 1/4 of the egg mixture into each muffin slot. (muffin slot? what do you call it….?)
-Cook the bacon for six minutes before adding the eggs to the oven.
-Cook the bacon and eggs for an addition 9 minutes.
-Take bacon off the pan and pat down any grease leftover.
-When the muffin pan cools, remove the eggs.
-Take out six English muffins and slice them all in half.
-Top one side of each muffin with a slice of cheese.
-Place bacon on top of cheese and egg muffin on the other half.
-Beware of your dogs…
-Preheat your indoor grill to 425 degrees.
-You do not have to use a grill. You could toast the English muffins in your toaster or toast them in your oven.
-Depending on how big your grill is, place your muffins on and close it as far as you can.
-Cook until both sides are golden. (5-6 minutes)
-See you later, McDonalds….
-Now, time to wrap them up!
-To wrap the up before throwing in the freezer I used: Wax paper, crayons, pen, tape, scissors and white card stock paper.
Nothing fancy and much cheaper than buying labels
-Draw six little circles on a card stock (or computer paper)
-Write each day of the week + a freebie in the center.
-Decorate with crayons (I couldn’t help myself)
If you are doing this for your kids, have them do the labels. Kids are more excited about eating foods they helped make.
-Wrap up the sandwich in wax paper.
-To save time, just throw the breakfast sandwich in a plastic baggy. (well, don’t literally throw it)
-Tape a label on top of the breakfast sandwich.
Store them in the freezer.
Microwave for 2-3 minutes. All microwaves are different so use your freebie as a lab rat.
Makes six servings (1 sandwich per serving)
Nutrition: 250 Calories, 4 g Fat, 29 g Carbs, 5 g Fiber, 22 g Protein.
Grab a piece of fruit and you have yourself one healthy breakfast!
- juliannenicole likes this
- fatfarewell likes this
- wanderlustforportland likes this
- unfriendlyblackhottieee reblogged this from juices-and-berries
- thiscuratedlife likes this
- artandaudacity likes this
- jhern28 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- jhern28 likes this
- thisheartofstone likes this
- kastielnovak likes this
- scatteredhiccups likes this
- n-i-k-i-t-a-f-a-y likes this
- jesusandgrandma likes this
- recettesresbloguees reblogged this from youngblackandvegan
- getting-to-healthy reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- littlekhaleesi reblogged this from misscapaldi
- misscapaldi reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- morbidity101 likes this
- morbidity101 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- kissmykurls likes this
- dontyoushyaway likes this
- examineyozipper reblogged this from undressedskeleton and added:
- whiskey-and-startrek likes this
- healthyandfit-goal likes this
- killersquatsnbeanies reblogged this from petite-fitness
- killersquatsnbeanies likes this
- petite-fitness reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- grimeybeautiful likes this
- letzgethot reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- yahomira reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- juices-and-berries reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- fancy4noreason likes this
- lobna-amer reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- goforthbeawesome reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- goforthbeawesome likes this
- leighaidan likes this
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- poke-bloke likes this
- creating-a-healthier-me likes this
- cesleyamber reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- falling-out-of-love-with-u likes this
- romaniblood likes this
- michelewilma reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- michelewilma likes this
- terribul likes this
- taylormariieexx likes this
- foolishlybrave likes this
- gottagofastest reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- lord-jagi likes this