If you were to ask a class of elementary school students what their favorite food was, most of their answers would be “pizza”. If you were to ask a college campus what their favorite food was, most of their answers would be “pizza”. If you were to ask me what my favorite food was, I would have to say “pizza” too. There is something about pizza that makes it everyone’s favorite. Maybe it’s the cheese, the sauce or a simple reminder of home.
If you are anything like Jeremy and I, we have a love-hate relationship with pizza. We love how it taste, but hate how addicting it is. I have a hard time saying “no” to a third slice. Jeremy has a hard time saying “no” to the entire pizza.(don’t worry he is sitting next to me and agrees) That is why we like to make pizza alternatives that are low calorie. That way we can eat as many “slices” as we’d like. Sure, it’s not “pizza” but it does the trick while adding extra nutrients to our dinner.
-3 Large Zucchini
-Low Fat Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
-Pizza Sauce (choose a low sodium)
-Garlic/Parmesan Blend (365 Organic)
-Turkey Pepperoni’s (Optional)
-Any Extra Toppings of Your Choice.
-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. (I forgot to preheat and had to stare at these delicious pizza’s while waiting for the oven to heat up…torture)
-Cut the zucchini into thin slices.
-Lay the slices on a non-stick baking sheet.
-Top each zucchini thin with one tbsp of pizza sauce.
-Sprinkle about one tsp of the garlic Parmesan blend over each zucchini slice.
-Top with your choice of toppings. I chose peppers and onions. Jeremy added turkey pepperonis to his.
-Cover your toppings with one tbsp of cheese on each individual pizza. I am not a huge fan of cheese so I sprinkled about half of that on top of mine.
Bake in the oven for approximately 23-25 minutes.
Above is what my pizza’s looked like with less cheese and no pepperoni.
We also made shrimp Caesar salad to go a long with our pizza’s.
My Pizza’s (Less Cheese/No Pepperoni):
42 Calories, 1.7 g Fat, 115 g Sodium, 3.8 g Carbs, 1.1 g Fiber, 1 g Sugar, 2. 8 g Protein.
Jeremy’s Pizza (Pepperoni/Tbsp Cheese)
51 Calories, 2.3 g Fat, 225 g Sodium, 4 g Carbs, 2 g Fiber, 4.5 g Protein, 1 g Sugar.
- palebitch likes this
- kissmykurls likes this
- tasha9804 likes this
- juices-and-berries reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- chelsnicole07 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- onedayeverythingwillbeperfect reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- imturningmyback reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- kate2619 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- regynaal likes this
- rosesandtheonewhomatters reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- jessaminebelle likes this
- melknudson96 likes this
- saltyp-aradise likes this
- goalforgood reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- lovelycooking reblogged this from powerfulinspiration
- fairytaleacid likes this
- jordiehp reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- liieren likes this
- jcelseyblock reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- soraxnight likes this
- jamiekujawski likes this
- kyasedi likes this
- dittefrost reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- dittefrost likes this
- accountablyfit likes this
- i-justwannabeskinny28 likes this
- fastforwardtofitness reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- powerfulinspiration reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- phoebesplace likes this
- fit4thought likes this
- kelseysanderson reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- peterneverlands likes this
- aeo36 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- thisallofthis reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- indecisivearies likes this
- thatsoflawsy likes this
- ashleysglutenfreegoodies likes this
- psychoweightloss likes this
- healthysuave reblogged this from stealthysuave
- nocturnalnymph likes this
- natigurdian likes this
- eudorawr likes this
- barcha9 likes this
- schoolgirlj likes this
- missthorinoakenshield reblogged this from thebeachbody
- missthorinoakenshield likes this
- thebeachbody reblogged this from undressedskeleton