It’s that time of year again! The Shamrock Shake is BACK!
Before you get in your car and head over to McDonalds, you may want to head over to their website to check out the ingredients listed in the Shamrock Shake. I used to love grabbing the Shamrock shake this time of year, but now I’ll never go back.
I didn’t want to deprive myself from a Shamrock Shake, so I decided to make a lighter and cleaner version. I feel a lot healthier after making my new years resolution and continuing to eat cleaner. No way could I keep my resolution alive and eat a Shamrock Shake.
I PROMISE (holding out my pinky) mine is just as satisfying, if not more satisfying…knowing that you are nourishing your body while treating it with deliciousness at the same time!
They sure are good at abbreviations.
-Dried Organic Mint Leaves
-Pure Organic Vanilla
-365 Whipped Topping
That is one impressive Before and after. I didn’t know there were three kinds of corn syrups…all in one recipe…wow!
Here is how you make my version.
In the blender, add: 1/2 tsp dried mint, 1 1/2 cups ice,1 cup ice cold water, 1 tsp vanilla and a packet of Truvia (or your choice of sweetener)
Add one scoop of protein powder. If you want an extra ten grams of protein, add 1 extra scoop.
Instead of adding artificial green food coloring, I used fresh spinach. You can’t taste one piece of the spinach in the shake. The mint flavor is strong enough to cover it up.
Pour 16 oz of the smoothie into a glass.
Top with four tbsp of non-fat organic whipped topping.
Optional: Top with all natural colored and flavored sprinkles and a couple mint leaves. (You can find these at Whole Foods in the baking section)
I put my glass in the freezer for one hour before making this shake. That way it stays cooler longer and doesn’t melt while you drink it. McDonalds has chemicals for that.
Both shakes are 16 oz.
- 8 1/2 of my shakes = the amount of calories in 1 McCafe Shamrock Shake
- 23 of my shakes = the amount of fat in 1 McCafe Shamrock Shake
- They beat me on the protein. If you want more, just add in an extra scoop.
- 46 of my shakes = the amount of sugar in 1 McCafe Shamrock Shake
- 20 of my shakes = the amount of carbs in 1 McCafe Shamrock Shake
I think it’s fair to say my shake is the better option.
- insporefs reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- guccionfire likes this
- inconstant-moments likes this
- moonrabbitruns reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- unicordian likes this
- thefandomjar likes this
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- tunaandjelly likes this
- anie1314 likes this
- iv0nnemarie likes this
- coexistential likes this
- lesmesaventures1 likes this
- fabulouslyyfit likes this
- c-r-u-c-i--o likes this
- barbieasspirations likes this
- theblogofeternalstench likes this
- gourmetgoddess reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- fitrunway likes this
- therestisjustwhatever likes this
- madeinluhweezyanna likes this
- benthebeanjunior reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- scarletteraiedahmer reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- silverpheonix-dragon reblogged this from vertizontal
- lase411 likes this
- dianakillsxx likes this
- alikate11 likes this
- moniquelavonne reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- newestbeginning likes this
- ashleyyeck likes this
- jekardz reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- eriiinjackson likes this
- weightforitgirl likes this
- salad-and-situps likes this
- thin-fit-happy reblogged this from undressedskeleton and added:
- 15losing15 likes this
- stopbeingalazybitch reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- cniska likes this
- emilyvictoriabass likes this
- theblueravenqueen likes this
- carolcaroling likes this
- windingivy likes this
- bitchinellie likes this
- whateversgoodforyoursoul likes this
- saralabeck likes this
- ahappykitty likes this
- thefitnessofatallgirl likes this
- sxerocker168 likes this
- klonopin-kids likes this
- katieliveswell likes this