Perfect for Easter, St. Patrick’s Day or Breakfast!
You could pull these muffins out any holiday. Heck, do you even need a special occasions to eat these babies? Absolutely not!
I am flying to Chicago tomorrow. I cringe, thinking about how cold it will be compared to Georgia. My parents are going to meet me, which comforts me. I haven’t seen them since Christmas.
My mom and dad are obsessed with pistachio-almond flavored anything. Now do you see where I get it? My favorite is the pistachio almond ice cream! I can’t wait for summer, so I can stop at the ice cream shop for a pistachio almond waffle cone! Yummmmm.
I wanted to make my parents a pistachio almond muffin. My dad gave up white sugar, dairy, and white flour to improve his health. So, I came up with a recipe that would fit right in! You can also make this recipe vegan with a couple ingredient swaps!
-1 Cup Pistachios
-2 Scoops Tera’s Whey Vanilla Bourbon Protein Powder (1 Serving)
-1/2 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
-1 Cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
-1 Tsp Baking Soda
-1 Tbsp Baking Powder
-2 Packets Truvia or Stevia
-4 Tbsp Organic Honey
-2 Caps (2 Tsp) Vanilla Extract
-2 Caps (2 Tsp) Almond Extract
-2 Egg Whites (Cage-Free, Organic)
-1 Extra Ripe Avocado
-In a medium mixing bowl add: garbanzo bean flour, Truvia, protein powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
-Cut open avocado. Remove seed and scoop avocado into a separate bowl.
-In bowl, mix together: applesauce, vanilla, almond with the avocado.
-The avocado mixture will look like baby food, don’t let it scare you.
-Separate the egg yolks and add the egg whites to the avocado mixture.
-Save the egg yolks for another recipe or use them for a hair treatment.
-Add avocado mixture to the dry ingredients bowl.
-It will turn into a pea green.
-The muffin batter smelled delicious. It wasn’t quite sweet enough. I added 4 tbsp of honey to give it an extra boost.
-That did the trick! .
-Oh, how I regret buying pistachios in the shell. It took me almost ten minutes to crack open enough nuts to make a cup!
-Learn from my mistake and buy them with the shell off!
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Line pan with eight muffin liners.
-Scoop 1/2 cup into each each liner.
-Top with three pistachios and approximately one tsp. of honey drizzle.
-Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
-Edges should be golden and the toothpick should come out clean when you poke them.
When I get back from Chicago I plan on making these again for breakfast to-go muffins. They are packed in protein and would match up perfectly with a serving of fruit.
I am kind of obsessed with the look of these muffins. Right now I am all about Easter, and they fit the color scheme. They would also be perfect for St. Patty’s day if a green liner is used. You could also pull these off as cupcakes! Just find a yummy frosting to top them with. The flavor was very similar to almond pound cake. I can’t wait for my parents to try them.
Want to make these vegan? It’s super easy.
-Replace the egg whites with four tbsp of chia seeds.
-Use a vanilla protein powder that is plant based.
Yup, it’s that easy!
Sometimes it’s scary using new flours.
I have never used Garbanzo bean flour before. I am so happy I gave it a shot because it really surprised me. You could fool almost anyone into thinking you used real flour. The almond extract over-powered any “garbanzo” flavor.
The texture of the muffin is the same as any other regular muffin.
The garbanzo bean four offers more: protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Extra bonus, it is gluten-free.
This a very healthy muffin that will make the perfect side, snack or dessert!
Recipe Makes 8 Muffins
Per Muffin: 190 Calories, 8 g Fat, 79 g Sodium, 20 g Carbs, 6 g Fiber, 10 g Protein, 5 g Sugar.
- healthychallenge13 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- aidinlove likes this
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- dazebymarcjacobs reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- journey2muscle reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- somethingwhossomeonewomehwere likes this
- scarletth likes this
- heyheyhannahalexandra likes this
- jackcotolo likes this
- lostamongtheroses likes this
- bheguwvfljweuwl reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- shuckfacedshucks likes this
- incandescentlyhappyy likes this
- inspiringtitlegoeshere likes this
- moniquelavonne likes this
- hollywoodboulevardd likes this
- ifeelgoodtoworkout reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- onesalientoversight likes this
- stayfitdreambig reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- mmfoodporn reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- stopbeingalazybitch reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- shesonlycool likes this
- theblueravenqueen likes this
- fitnesslifewithandi likes this
- theepicadventuresofalex likes this
- jamieeatsclean reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- ondee likes this
- kimgettingskinny likes this
- karmesancheese likes this
- im-a-fucking-loser-xo reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- im-a-fucking-loser-xo likes this
- sharonkiiim likes this
- sxerocker168 likes this
- recipesilove reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- angelsskeleton reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- ay-ee-i-oh-u likes this
- applehey likes this
- complicatedhill likes this
- anjenaemariah likes this
- laurenelyse11 likes this
- caleigh101 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- caleigh101 likes this
- kaybattin reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- chimbee likes this
- ros-aline likes this
- youre-a-peach likes this
- getfreshh reblogged this from crazysexyfierce
- skullcandy likes this
- alexandrafitness reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- cindylouwho101 likes this