I have been diagnosed with the smoothie plague. My doctor (a.k.a, me) say’s “It’s nothing to complain about”. I’d rather have the smoothie plague over some other dangerous plague. Some of my symptoms you may ask? Drinking more than four smoothies a day, craving them over everything else and adding decorative straws.
Above is the smoothie I made yesterday. You can find the recipe a few post back or click here.
It was the culprit of the plague.
Yesterday afternoon, I made another! After finishing up some work, I headed to the kitchen to blend up this baby!
-1 Cup Ice, 1 1/2 Cup Ice Cold Water, 1 Packet Truvia or Stevia, 1/2 Tsp Vanilla, 1/4 Small Tomato, 1 Medium Celery Stalk, 1 Cup Cucumber Slices, 1/2 Cup Zucchini Slices, 1/2 Small Banana and 1 Cup Strawberries!
(This recipe made about three glasses. You can either drink them all like I did, or divide the recipe in half)
This was outstanding! I was a littttttle iffy about adding tomato and celery but you couldn’t even taste it! The banana and strawberry power housed over them!
This morning felt like a “stretch it out and relax” morning. I am getting fed-up with this weather. Today there were slow flurries…in Georgia…in March! What is happening? I know I don’t have much to complain about compared to other states…but still!
I bundled up in my heated blanket and had a couple cups of coffee while catching up on some emails. Finally after I warmed up, I headed over to relax with a little stretching exercise. Stretching and yoga are my favorite ways to loosen up and relax. Of course, being the dramatic type, I lit some scented candles to set the “relaxation” mood.
After my yoga session, I bet you can guess what I made….yup another smoothie!
This one contained: 1/2 apple, 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup ice, 1 cup zucchini, 1/2 Small cucumber, 1 scoop Tera’s vanilla whey protein powder, 1 packet Truvia, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 cup ice, 1 cup sparkling water.
Don’t worry, I eat more than just smoothies all day. This post is just focused on my smoothie craze.
A little later in the afternoon after getting all my work and errands done, I headed over to the gym. (not my usual gym)
Workout consisted of:
Three 9-10 minute miles on treadmill
After the run, I decided to do a fun little sequence. I wrote it down on a piece of paper so I wouldn’t forget. Using my iPhone as a stop watch I did…
(Don’t stuff your pockets with your keys and iPod like I did. My stomach is confirmed bruised)
-One minute jumping jacks
-One minute sit-ups with kettle bell
-One minute plank
-One minute left leg lifts (in plank position)
-Once minute right leg lifts (in plank position)
-25 push ups
-One minute quick feet
-One minute high knees
I took a three minute break between sets and repeated the sequence a total of four times.
This kind of workout took me a while to do without wanting to fall over and die. If you want to make it easier cut the time in half for each workout or only repeat twice. This is a great way to get your heart rate up and your body in summer shape!
After all my workouts, I love to cool down with a smoothie. Who would have guessed?
This one had: 2 cups spinach, 1 cup ice, 1 bottle orange Activate water, 1 scoop Tera’s whey vanilla protein, 1 cup Costco frozen blend fruit, 1/2 small banana, 1 small zucchini sliced, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 medium celery stalk and 1/2 small cucumber sliced.
I promise, you cannot taste the vegetables. If you could, I would NOT put them in a smoothie…gross!
This one is one of my favorites.
The best part about a smoothie, is you can fit in so many nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants quickly. I love vegetables, but sometimes I’d rather enjoy them in a smoothie.
To make smoothies less of a hassle, I always keep fruits and vegetables cut up in containers. I can just grab and throw them in the blender. Keeping fruit frozen also helps the consistency of the smoothie.
No, this is not a smoothie in a crock pot! It’s my dinner for tonight ;) Because of the freezing weather, I thought I’d whip up a soup in the crock pot. I’m not sure what to call it yet, but I’ll think of something when I post the recipe tomorrow.
Now if you will excuse me, my soup awaits…
- daenaev likes this
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- jumpingbeansjones likes this
- mariahhhxo likes this
- kristenvidrine likes this
- mafer-sm likes this
- motivationbeinghealthy likes this
- sxerocker168 likes this
- healthy--jamaican reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- ellieinfitland reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- fatnamy likes this
- pitchesandglitter likes this
- laurenelyse11 likes this
- hippopotam reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- intr0-verted likes this
- chimbee likes this
- anesthetizes likes this
- clsassy likes this
- britneefiction likes this
- newhealthystart likes this
- electric-mindset likes this
- negirl4life likes this
- tashkaspringwind reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- tothejoythatscoming likes this
- bodyremodel reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- cindylouwho101 likes this
- tinichic likes this
- littlesurrender likes this
- alloniaxo likes this
- mfyffe91 likes this
- fitmissmaris likes this
- alyssasrose likes this
- attemptingtostartover likes this
- lif3goal likes this
- lizzieschubert likes this
- kabuchi likes this
- anas-song reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- the-truth-about-forever-smiles likes this
- reneeee12 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- gigglelaugh likes this
- justsmileasifnothinghappened reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- yoshi-sheshero likes this
- welttraum reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- peraquamadgloriam likes this
- ive-loved-the-stars-too-fondly likes this
- lazydaysareover reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- cocokingston reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- mathismyliiife likes this
- stvntckr reblogged this from undressedskeleton