Not only are we celebrating a three day weekend; we are celebrating Memorial Day! This is one of my favorite weekends throughout the year. I love getting together for parties, friends, great weather, and great food! It brings back a lot of memories as a kid, spending time with the family.
Jeremy and I are grilling out and enjoying our last weekend down south before we head to the Detroit area next week. But don’t worry; we will be back! Tonight after our golf, we are heading to the grocery store to pick up groceries for: cauliflower mash, grilled salmon, grilled fish, avocado crescents, broccoli salad, homemade dressings, and fruit salad for this weekends grill out.
I wanted to share a fun recipe that we will also be having in honor of Memorial Day, healthy fruit pizza! I love fruit pizza. You can decorate it to match any holiday. Store bought fruit pizza is made from a sugar cookie, cream cheese, and cane sugar. I wanted to make a similar recipe but keep it light and guiltless. If you are having a hard time choosing a healthy dish to make for a Memorials Day bbq, I promise this one won’t let you down!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Fruit Pizza Ingredients
-One Box Back to Nature Honey Graham Sticks (or one box square graham crackers)
-One Medium Banana
-One Tbsp Honey
-Six Ounces Vanilla Greek Yogurt
-Two Cups TruWhip (or light whip)
-Two Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
-Place grahams in a large bowl. Crush the grahams with a cup. You could use a blender or food processor, but don’t crush into a dirt consistency. You want the grahams to have a couple crunchy pieces left. It makes the crust so much crunchier and gives it a cookie texture.
-Add the banana to the crushed graham crackers. Take your hands and combine the banana and grahams together. I left my electric mixer back in Chicago, but you can use yours if you don’t want to get your hands dirty. If you are using your hands, treat it like a meatloaf.-
-When the banana and graham crackers are combined, add the ball of dough to a greased baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Flatten out the dough with your hands. Roll it out from center going outward. You can use your finger tips or a roller.
-Fold the outer edges in and pinch the sides to form a crust.
-Drizzle the honey over the crust and spread it around with a spoon. This will give the crust a nice crispy texture on the outside, but keeps a chewy texture on the inside. Just like a sugar cookie!
-Place the crust in the oven. It will bake approximately 20 minutes, but every oven is different. Keep your eye on it. Don’t let the edges burn. They will be lightly brown and crispy. The center will be a lot softer, but it will harden as the crust cools off. Let it cool down on the baking sheet. If you try to move it before it cools, it will break in half like a chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven.
-While the cookie cools down, prepare the toppings!
-Combine the TruWhip and Greek yogurt together, and place it it the fridge to thicken. (20 minutes)
-I chose strawberries and blueberries for my fruit toppings because this weekend we are celebrating Memorials day. You can choose any toppings you’d like. Some other toppings that would be delicious : bananas, kiwi, grapes, raspberries, almonds, pecans, craisins, apples, pineapple etc.
-Once the crust has cooled, add the whipped topping to the center of the crust and spread evenly.
-You can decorate the pizza however you’d like. If you make these with kids, make mini ones. Each child could decorate their own.
-I made circle patterns with strawberries, blueberries and coconut layers.
I took the leftover fruit and used the whip topping as a dip! Don’t let anything go to waste.
-For storing, place the fruit pizza in the refrigerator. The whipped topping with thicken up even more!
Cut the pizza into twelve slices.
Per Slice (Recipe Makes 12 Slices)
Nutrition: 135 Calories, 4 g Fat, 22 g Carbs, 3 g Fiber, 10 g Sugar, 3 g Protein
- aubster2015 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- 171gifer likes this
- seventeen-health likes this
- claudschoe likes this
- harrysexcurls likes this
- tyushokigyotushin likes this
- i-zygzak likes this
- onecraftyfatchick reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- smthmore likes this
- katelinbrooke8 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- skullcandy likes this
- the-elixir likes this
- meljean1031 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- hyculiar likes this
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- startingflames likes this
- imageconscious1 likes this
- amanda2057 likes this
- vaderthecat reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- vaderthecat likes this
- vioplume likes this
- lovegym4life likes this
- azti likes this
- healthysuave reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- quintanillamony likes this
- bitchortotallybitchin likes this
- helpingxmyself likes this
- cpodes likes this
- babykuraa likes this
- livelaughride4life likes this
- marywynne reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- santorinisunset reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- wecanhassavocado reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- jessisgirl reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- gotadateatmidnight likes this
- gym-savage likes this
- luvrma405 likes this
- nighthawkassidy likes this
- making-good-changes reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- wiscogal likes this
- applesandaglets likes this
- willbeyourmuse likes this
- vivid-flores likes this
- alyssasrose likes this
- making-good-changes likes this
- crookwinks likes this
- perfectlysalubrious likes this
- veggiehealthyrecipesyum reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- mais-inspiration-for-me reblogged this from undressedskeleton