Where did the week go? I guess time flies by when you’re keeping busy. The weather is so freaking cold here; you have to keep doing things to stay warm. I can’t wait for outside running weather to get here. The treadmill is so boring! I could only do 3 miles before I quit from boredom. I did fit in a little Insanity video on my Xbox before the run to warm up the muscles.
I made myself a nice pre-workout treat to give me a little extra energy during my workout. Sometimes I get sick of protein bars, so I venture off and do something different.
I started to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and then had this crazy idea to “French toast” it. I’ve seen people add cream cheese to French toast and fruit, so I knew it had to be good. You can’t go wrong with peanut butter anyways.
The peanut butter and jelly French toast sandwich was incredible. Why have I never done this before? I MEAN SERIOUSLY! You HAVE to try it!
Ingredients: *2 Slices 35 Calorie Whole Wheat Bread (You can use gluten free, white, rye, cinnamon raisin bread…) *1 Tbsp Grape Jelly, *1 Tbsp Peanut Butter, *1 Large Egg.
I used regular grape jelly. You could use any flavor you’d like. If you do not have jelly, you could mash up some berries instead.
I used all natural creamy peanut butter. You could use almond butter, any kind of nut butter, Nutella, or cream cheese!
Everyone knows how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich…I would hope. Unless your mom made yours every day as a kid, you should know.
Never pile on too much peanut butter or too much jelly. The bread gets soggy and the texture gets all funky. Stick with about 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter and 1-2 tbsps of jelly. My mom used to load the jelly on, and I’d have to scrape it off everyday at lunch.
Smack the two pieces together and vuala! You’ll have yourself one nice lookin’ peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Now, it’s time to french toast the sandwich. French toast has always been a favorite breakfast of mine. It’s incredibly cheap, too. All you need is bread and eggs.
Crack the egg into a bowl or plate. Whisk it together and place the sandwich on top.
Lather the sandwich with the egg until every single inch of the bread is covered. Don’t forget the sides!
Grease a pan and set the heat to high.
Place the sandwich onto the pan and cook until both sides are lightly brown.
You could also make some of these ahead of time and pack them for lunches or to-go breakfast sandwiches.
I like to eat mine warm with maple syrup.
Nutrition: 265 Calories, 32 g Carbs, 8 g Fat, 9 g Protein, 9 g Fiber, 14 g Sugar.
Add To Pinterest
- astronautpirate reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- sarahbethhensley likes this
- pinktherapist likes this
- drogapurpura reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- jessica12joy likes this
- elisandrya likes this
- jesusandgrandma likes this
- wheresalexa likes this
- iwilltkewhtisminewithfirendblood likes this
- oncnurse2014 likes this
- marycherryy likes this
- starflour likes this
- abeautifulgirlyreflection likes this
- sexytimecooking reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- dannie31 likes this
- fitbrittjoy reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- k8sgreatescape likes this
- goodbye260 reblogged this from flabofsteel
- misscococaramell likes this
- strengthandbananas likes this
- fake-mustaches reblogged this from flabofsteel
- ohlookitsamonster likes this
- earthyprincess likes this
- laurenlookingforachange reblogged this from flabofsteel
- laurenlookingforachange likes this
- tofitoquit reblogged this from flabofsteel
- tofitoquit likes this
- fittybittystephyy likes this
- flabofsteel reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- fine-fine-life likes this
- kaitlynisabel likes this
- peanut-butter-banana-toast likes this
- visgettingfit likes this
- girlfromabigcity likes this
- chelsea-mccormick reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- alwaysmadison reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- mais-inspiration-for-me reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- amanda1740 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- juicingitup reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- wiishfulmind likes this
- sylla likes this
- kmschnei likes this
- playbyheart likes this
- flexiblyhealthy reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- featherlightinflight likes this
- justmindingmyown reblogged this from findingfitforfun
- 2013bringsthenewme likes this
- buttermilkbombshell likes this