Have you ever gone into a store to buy one thing, and then come out with everything but that one thing? Well that happened to me yesterday afternoon.
I made a huge plan for living off of $115 of groceries for two weeks, but never thought it would be this hard. When you live with someone who can down a whole loaf of bread and two lbs of turkey in two days, plans tend to change. I am still going to post the plan, because I think it’ll work for others, but I guess in this household, it didn’t. I have mad respect for the families that budget everything! It’s a lot harder than it looks.
With that failed trip to the grocery store, I bought some blueberries! They looked too good not to. My mom kept raving on the phone about her blueberry muffins she made. After that little chat, I was convinced to make some for myself.
I love making muffins and having them as snacks, breakfast, or dessert!
Ingredients:*1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour, *2 Tsp Baking Powder, 3/4 Cup Stevia In The Raw, *1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon, *3/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce, *5 Ounces Vanilla Greek Yogurt, *1 Large Egg, *2 Tsp Vanilla Extract, *1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts, *1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, *2 -3 Cups Fresh Washed Blueberries.
Glaze: 3 Tbsps. Vanilla Protein Powder + Unsweetened Almond Milk.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the flour, Stevia, cinnamon, and baking powder in a large bowl. In separate bowl, mix together the egg, vanilla, vanilla yogurt, and apple sauce.
Add the mixed wet ingredients to the bowl with the flour.
After mixing the wet ingredients in, you should have a “cookie dough” texture.
Not all ingredient brands are the same, so if it’s runnier, add less almond milk, and if it’s more dry, add extra almond milk.
After mixing in the almond milk, mix in the blueberries with a spoon.
Line a muffin pan with liners. Fill them to the top with the muffin batter. (About 1/3 cup)
Top the muffins with walnuts.
Bake for 14-16 minutes. Use the toothpick method to determine if they are done.
Let the muffins cool for about 6 minutes before removing them from the liners.
This recipe makes 16 blueberry muffins!
I heated mine up before adding the glaze.
Mix one tbsp at a time with the protein powder until a “glaze texture” forms.
Drizzle the glaze over the muffin! Be careful taking your first bite. They are so scrumptious; it’ll be hard to stop!
Per Muffin: Recipe Makes 16
Nutrition: 75 Calories, 14 g Carbs, 2 g Fat, 3 g Protein, 2 g Fiber, 4 g Sugar!
- imnsocalgirl reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- chifichi likes this
- kitesails likes this
- roxywtf reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- roxywtf likes this
- jungbean reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- ecstaticplum101 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- strongerandbetter reblogged this from strongerandbetter
- 0pals likes this
- sarah661423 likes this
- mylittlediversion likes this
- natyfredy likes this
- 2cole4ya likes this
- coexistential likes this
- jessica12joy likes this
- loveaslaughter likes this
- preticules likes this
- so-sarahh likes this
- mariaallen24 likes this
- hoplessbuthopeing likes this
- fitrose88 reblogged this from gymslimwin
- vannniquesfitspiration reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- paper-unruled reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- intoxicatedgrace likes this
- ggforeverrocksme likes this
- stephsgettingsmaller reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- thisgirlnamedjen likes this
- sunflower-souls reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- ninaescadaajuste likes this
- twisted-contradiction reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- twisted-contradiction likes this
- minuevavidafitness likes this
- coastal--youth reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- ehrmanj08 likes this
- thefandomjar likes this
- wetcatnoses likes this
- coloradocrystals likes this
- fitbrittjoy reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- sexy4summer2013 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- fine-fine-life likes this
- kimmyrobinson1 reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- kpopshortie likes this
- fittyseiyeah likes this
- freesprint likes this
- slimwithkpop reblogged this from jihve
- jihve reblogged this from undressedskeleton
- internal-hope likes this
- gettingfitfor-cosplay reblogged this from undressedskeleton